Thankful once more. You see, this is one the many reasons why I like blogging on WordPress – my fellow bloggers are sweet! 😀 Thank you Connie for this nomination. Your blog Marinating Online was among the first few that I started following because I think your posts are great. I really loved your Greek Lamb Salad recipe I tried a couple of months ago. I like your dedication and passion for cooking and I can feel your enthusiasm cooking up a storm (as you put it) for a bunch of kids at Cal-Wood Education and Retreat Center. I left a reply on your Liebster post saying how your description of my blog (and me) cracked me up, in a good way of course. How I wish that was true, that I have a humming-bird metabolism but no, I don’t. I maybe did when I was younger but most women in their forties would know what I am talking about (sshh…keep mum but I will be 43 this year :D).
So, by accepting the nomination, I have to nominate five blogs to keep the spirit of sharing and encouraging going. By the way, I just wanna make mention of Danny ( Danny’s Kitchen ) who gave me the same award previously. I never got to nominating other bloggers because at that time, the “rules” on which blogs to nominate were a bit different.
Anyway, here goes my list of nominated blogs in no particular order.
1. Frugal Feeding. Love the fact that Nick can whip up really good meals on a budget. I have tried a couple of his recipes and they turned out really good. I particularly liked his Chorizo and Kale broth and as I have mentioned to him, it is now officially one of my fave dishes. Oh, and he have this new skillet…so jealous of his new skillet!
2. Sybarite Sauvage. Now this man has definitely got the gift of the gab, that is a compliment by the way. 🙂 I love reading his stories, which are very entertaining. And no, I don’t think you are Mephistopheles but just a man who knows pleasure at its best!
3. Sweat Like Mambo. I like her energy and her passion for life, which are evident in her posts. Whenever I read her blogs, it was as if she was actually telling the story face to face.
4. The Hungry Giant. I love this guy’s blog posts about the dishes from my native country. Every time I see an authentic Filipino dish post from him, it brings back warm memories of my childhood. I loved his Sinigang na Hipon/Shrimp Sinigang – the one Filipino dish the three of us in the family enjoy, especially my son.
5. Acorn in the Kitchen. Ok, I am only a bit biased here. Just because I love everything Spanish doesn’t mean that was the reason I nominated this blog. Ok, maybe a little 😀 But seriously, I like this guy’s dishes. For our next dessert actually, I am making his Mango and Almond Cheesecake (Tarta de Queso de Mango y Almendra). My son would absolutely love this mango cheesecake.
There you go. Just make sure you check these blogs coz they are truly awesome!