If my previous experiment with recipe (veggie burger) was a miss, this one was definitely a hit! It is amazing how a super simple and easy to make recipe can instantly become a favourite. I have not made mango mousse before or any fruit-based mousse for that matter. Glad I came across this easy but really delicious recipe.
This recipe uses tin mangoes but of course, you can use fresh ones if they are in season. Just a friendly tell, if you are using the tin mangoes, please buy something of good quality. I made this dessert twice already. The first time, I bought the brand I always get when I needed tin mangoes. For some reason the same brand was out of stock the second time I made this dessert and bought a different one. It was not as mango-tasting as the brand I usually buy. It was still good but could be better with the tried and tested brand.
- 1 x 850 g tin mangoes, drained
- 600 mL thickened cream
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons gelatine
- ¼ cup hot water
1. Sprinkle gelatine over hot water and stir until dissolved.
2. Leave for 2-3 minutes to start to set.
3. Puree mangoes, lemon juice, and caster sugar in blender.
4. Fold in thickened cream and dissolved gelatine.
5. Spoon into containers. Place in fridge until set.
6. Decorate with mango slices or fresh fruit before serving.But really, this mousse is good on its own. Seriously!
Recipe from BestRecipes.com