A vegetarian dish doesn’t always have to be the usual stir-fry veggies or steamed ones. Nothing wrong with the stir-fries and steamed veggies but for a change, satisfy the vegetarians in your family with this simple and delicious pasta dish. Penne with roasted sweet potatoes, red onions and tomatoes, then tossed with fresh rocket leaves, parmesan cheese and olive oil.For meatlovers like myself, serve this as a side dish for a truly enjoyable meal.Ingredients
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 400 g tomatoes (Roma, quartered lengthways or halved cherry tomatoes)
- 500 g penne
- 50 g baby rocket
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
1. Preheat oven to 200C degrees. Place sweet potatoes, onions and 1 tablespoon oil in a baking pan. Toss to coat.2. Bake for 30 minutes, or until tender. Add tomatoes and bake for 10 minutes, or until tomatoes have just collapsed.3. Meanwhile, cook penne in a pan of boiling, salted water according to packet instructions. Drain.
4. Place pasta in a bowl with remaining oil. Add more oil if needed, then the vegetables, rocket and parmesan.5. Toss well to combine. Serve.I served this during my son’s birthday dinner for the vegetarian cousins and we all enjoyed this. Definitely doing this again.