French-style free form tart you would absolutely love. A very classic French country dessert, this elegant rustic apple galette is quick and easy to make. Puff pastry topped with apple slices, cinnamon and sugar then brushed with melted butter. Baked until golden brown and the pastry crisp, glaced with apricot jam … sheer pleasure!Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 (25 x 25cm) puff pastry sheet
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs melted butter
- 2 tbs caster sugar
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- ice cream or cream, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
4. Bake for 30-40 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden. The recipe where I adapted this from suggested baking it for 20-25 minutes. As oven temperature varies, check after 20 minutes if pastry is done or if you need to bake it a bit longer like I did.
5. Place jam in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high (100%) for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until runny. Brush galette top with jam.6. Cut into wedges to serve.They are tasty and yummy enough served just like that but if you want a little treat, serve them with cream or vanilla ice cream.Recipe adapted from taste.com.au