Sausages are often cast aside as a little too passe, but with some imagination you can bring them to life with interesting twists like this. Stuffed sausages!This was something I used to make a lot for the children many years ago when I was working as the cook at the local daycare centre. They loved sausages and loved them even more with the cheese stuffing.Ingredients
- 6-8 sausages, pricked (plain ones preferably, I used lamb sausages for this dish but you can use beef or chicken)
- 1/4 cup grain mustard
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1. Grill or pan-fry sausages turning frequently until cooked through.
2. Split each sausage through the centre. Spread mustard inside each cavity.3. Combine cheese, crumbs, parmesan and parsley in a small bowl. Spoon into the cavity of each sausage.4. Place sausages under a hot grill until reheated and cheese has melted.Quick, easy and tasty! Serve with leafy salad and or mashed potato.