With low-fat but plenty of Vitamin C ( tomatoes, eschalots, garlic, parsley and lemon juice), iodine and protein (prawns), this recipe provides a well-balanced meal.And did I mention festive looking? Love the burst of colour and flavour this dish has to offer. So simple and easy to make, you’d be enjoying this in less than half an hour on your dining table.Ingredients
- 150g sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 kg fresh whole prawns
- 6 eschalots
- 2 garlic cloves
- flat-leaf parsley, about 10 sprigs
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- black pepper
- 2 lemons
- fine sea salt
1. Rinse prawns under running water. Drain.
2. Peel and slice eschalots. Peel and crush garlic cloves. Wash and roughly chop the parsley.
3. Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the eschalots and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly so that they do not brown.
4. Add the prawns. Saute them for 4 minutes over a high heat, turning them over halfway through cooking. Add sun-dried tomatoes and garlic. Season with pepper. Continue cooking for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
5. Extract the juice of half a lemon. Cut the rest into quarters. Dribble lemon juice over the prawns and sprinkle them with the fine sea salt and parsley. Garnish with lemon quarters.Serve the prawns with crusty rustic bread and a side dish of steamed green vegetable such as baby spinach.Prawns should be eaten with the hands. So, make sure you have some tepid lemon water in a bowl to rinse your fingers. 🙂