Aah …that fresh feeling you get when you wake up in the morning after having a really good sleep. Exactly how I was feeling this morning. To spice it up, I got a message from Mama Miyuki, a fellow “hot momma” blogger, that she nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. Thank you! I was about to make the usual bacon and egg Saturday brunch for the family but thought, hey, I’ll make something a bit more special this morning to celebrate the award.
This is one very decadent breakfast. Cinnamon French toasts topped with sliced bananas and then drizzled with maple syrup. If you feel like making it really special, try serving these breakfast toasts with whipped Mascarpone cheese or cream. The smell coming from the kitchen while cooking these toasts was just warm and refreshing. Cinnamon-y and sweet … just wonderful. Ingredients
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 thick bread slices (white or brioche)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 bananas, sliced
- pure maple syrup, to serve
- whipped cream or Mascarpone cheese, to serve (optional)
1. Combine eggs, milk, cream, vanilla, icing sugar and cinnamon in a large jug. Whisk with a fork until well combined. Pour mixture into a shallow dish. Dip 2 bread slices in milk mixture for 30 seconds to 1 minute each side or until well soaked. Hold over dish to drain.2. Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large frying pan over medium heat until bubbling. Add soaked bread. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes each side or until golden. Repeat with remaining butter and bread.3. Place French toast on plates. Top with banana. Drizzle with maple syrup. Serve.And as I have said, a bit of whipped Mascarpone cheese or cream would be an additional treat.
Recipe adapted from taste.com.au
Again, thank you to Mama Miyuki for the Versatile Blogger award. I have shared a few things about myself already in previous posts so I’ll just give you the link to it and the link to all the fellow bloggers I have nominated before.