Jam doesn’t have to stop at toast and muffins. You can create countless tasty desserts with your favourite flavours like this steamed pudding. I used breakfast marmalade for this one but you might wanna try orange or lemon and lime or even berry-based jam or marmalade to make this delightful dessert.Ingredients
- 125g butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 250g jar marmalade ( your choice of flavour)
1. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir through vanilla. Lightly fold in flour and milk.
4. Bake at 150C degrees for 35-40 minutes or until cooked when tested. Unmould onto serving plates.These puddings are best served warm and enjoyed as desserts or cooled down and served with a cuppa for afternoon tea.