My very good friend Jane shared this Thai-inspired salad recipe. Her own concoction by the way. It was such a lovely blend of flavors and texture and very visually appealing as well. Simple and quick to make. No cooking required and you can either use prawns or chicken or skip the meat and make it as a vegetarian meal.
- Depending on how many servings required: combine equal portions sliced cucumber, fresh coriander leaves* and fresh bean sprouts. This is not in her list of ingredients but I added 1/2 cup of crunchy beans as well.
- sliced red onion, to taste
- 100 g per person, shelled cooked prawns or cooked chicken breast
- 2 tbs per serve Hoisin sauce, chilli flakes, lemon juice ( or use bottled chilli, ginger, soy marinade sauce and thin out to salad dressing consistency with sesame oil and lemon juice)
- sliced avocado
- crushed roasted peanuts and lemon wedges, for garnish
*The boys preferred parsley, so parsley was it then for them. I like coriander so mine was with coriander.
1. Mix sauce and lemon juice in a bowl, add prawns or chickens, cover and refrigerate until required.
2. In another bowl, toss together other ingredients except for avocado ans peanuts.
3. Add prawns or chickens and all dressing liquid to fresh ingredients, toss.