Totally hooked on lime these days. Seriously, I grab lime fruits every time I go to the supermarket and hoard them in the fridge. My excuse for doing that is, I don’t have my voice back fully yet (lost my voice a few weeks back due to a cold) so lime is handy with honey as a drink. Another excuse – very handy when I come across recipes like this coconut lime cheesecake. Something tropical for dessert, for a change from the usual chocolate-y treats I make.Ingredients
- 1-1/2 cups digestive biscuit crumbs (graham crackers would be best if you can get them)
- 2 tbs sugar
- 6 tbs melted butter
- pinch of salt
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tbs lime zest
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
1. Preheat oven to 180 C degrees.
2. To make crust: Mix together biscuit crumbs, 2 tbs sugar, melted butter and salt. Press into the bottom of an 8 x 12cm pan or 8 x 8cm square pan. Set aside.
3. To make cheesecake filling: Cream together cheese, sugar and flour until well combined. Add in lime zest, lime juice and vanilla and cream together until smooth. Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in coconut flakes. Spread over prepared crust mixture.