And here was what I was preparing while waiting for the Lemon Linguine and Roasted Prawns dish to be ready last night, making use of the lady finger bananas that have been in the fridge for a few days.
- bananas ( 1 for each person)
- juice and finely grated rind of 1 lime, plus 1 lime cut into wedges
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 50g desiccated coconut (optional)
1. Preheat griddle pan over a high heat.
3. Brush pan with oil. Add bananas and cook, for 2-3 minutes until soft and brown. Add lime wedges half-way through cooking.
Serve the bananas with custard, cream or ice cream. Your choice! If using desiccated coconut, toast coconut until brown and sprinkle on top of bananas before serving.