Of all the brownies I bake, I have three favorites to make ; the chocolate macadamia brownie, the chocolate mint cake brownie and this one, brownie bites. These little morsels are delightful as you bite into them. In the center is a piece of Rolo chocolate so just imagine all the gooey-ness as the caramel melts in your mouth. Just pure indulgence!
Recipe adapted from Family Circle Brownies and Slices Cookbook
- 1/2 cup nuts (you can use walnuts, macadamia, peanuts or a mixed of the three), toasted, chopped finely
- 80g butter
- 150g dark eating chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup firmly packed sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 x 50g packet Rolo or 2 x 200g Rolo block
3. Stir sugar and egg into chocolate mixture, then sifted flour and sour cream. Spoon mixture into muffin holes. Press one Rolo piece into center of each hole. Spread mixture so that Rolo piece is completely enclosed.
4. Bake in moderate oven for 15 minutes. Using a sharp knife, loosen sides of brownies from pan; stand for 10 minutes. Remove brownies gently from pan.