Blueberries are undeniably one of the berry best among them all. I love making treats with blueberries in them…cheesecakes, pancakes, muffins, desserts… or simply snacking on those healthy berries. I was browsing through the pages of a supermarket magazine, the free ones they give away and found this no-fuss blueberry custard loaf cake recipe. So easy and quick to prepare, this is one treat the family will surely enjoy as a dessert or even as an afternoon tea treat.
- 250g savoiardi biscuits (Italian sponge fingers), about 20 pieces
- 2 tbs orange juice
- 2 cups custard (ready-to-pour bought from the supermarket)
- 300ml thickened cream, whipped
- 250g blueberries (about 2 punnets)
2. Gently combine custard and cream.
3. Arrange half the sponge fingers, crossways, over base of prepared pan. Drizzle with orange juice.
4. Pour half the custard mixture over the sponge fingers. Top with another layer of sponge fingers. Scatter over half the blueberries and pour over remaining custard mixture. Scatter over remaining blueberries. Place in freezer overnight to set.
5. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving. Use baking paper to lift custard loaf out of pan.