Quick and easy to make. Quick and easy to finish as well because they are just a delicious treat!
To make 18 of these crispy cookies, you will need:
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup chopped walnut
How to whip up this crispy treat:
1. Preheat oven to 170C degrees. Melt the chocolate. You can use the microwave to melt the chocolate as long as you have the proper container. If the bowl is too hot for you to handle after it has been microwaved, it is too hot for your chocolate. Preferably, use a low power setting or microwave it in short intervals.
Determining exact microwaving times can be tricky as it can vary depending on microwave wattage, measure of chocolate, and even the cocoa butter content of the chocolate. However, as a rough guide, estimate about 1 minute for every 1/4 cup of chocolate. Run the microwave in 30 second-1 minute increments, stirring in between.
2. Let the melted chocolate cool down to room temperature, which takes about 15 minutes. Perfect time to beat your eggs and sugar together while waiting for chocolate to cool down.
3. Gently fold in melted, cooled chocolate, vanilla and nuts into mixture.
4. Drop by spoonfuls , 2 inches apart on greased and lightly floured baking sheet or line them with baking paper.
5. Bake for 12 -15 minutes. Cool for 2 minutes, then transfer to platter.