Just everyone loves a sweet treat. This one is a favorite of mine to bake for three reasons. Easy to make. Indulgent. That minty smell in the kitchen while it is baking.
- 185g butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups (330g) caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cups (100g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (50g) cocoa powder
- 50g after-dinner mints, chopped roughly
1. Preheat oven to 180C degrees.
2. Grease deep 22cm round cake pan and line base and sides with baking paper.
3. In medium bowl, whisk together butter and sugar.
4. Whisk in eggs one at a time.
5. Stir in sifted flour and cocoa.
6. Spread mixture into prepared pan. Push mints into mixture.
7. Bake for about an hour or until just firm. Stand cake in pan for 5 minutes then turn into wire rack to cool.
8. Serve dusted with icing sugar and cocoa.
As for me, this is how I like mine served…