We started off on the wrong foot. We didn’t hit it off the first time. I thought you would be difficult to handle and almost gave up on you. I am glad I took another chance and tried again. And now, you are a source of delight to my palate. You are such a beautiful creation that needs to be shown off to the rest of the world.
- 6 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 140g dark cooking chocolate
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups cream, whipped
- 250g raspberries or quartered strawberries
- extra berries for decoration
- cocoa powder
2. Place egg whites into a large dry, mixing bowl. Beat with electric beaters until soft peak forms. Gradually add sugar, beating constantly after each addition. Beat until you get a thick glossy mixture and sugar has dissolved. This will take about five minutes.
7. Place one coated meringue disc on serving plate. Top it with a third of the whipped cream then top with half the berries.
9. Top with the plain meringue disc and spread with the remaining cream. Decorate with extra berries if desired. Refrigerate. Dust with cocoa and cut into wedges to serve.
Isn’t she lovely?
(Recipe adapted from : Family Circle Mini Cookbooks)