I give my kitchen oven a break every now and then. No baking. But we still like having our treat just the same – dessert. So, once in a while I whip up a cheat treat. You know … some prepared stuff available from the store. The local supermarket is having an after-Christmas sale – pavlova bases, Christmas puddings, chocolate treats and all things Christmas-y. I tried their ready-to-fill brandy baskets and decided to make things easy and just try the suggested recipe at the back of the carton. So, here goes.
They come in packs of six brandy baskets in each box. So for this Brandy Baskets with Berries, you will need the following.
- 1/2 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 1 tbs icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 450g mixed berries, fresh or frozen (I used frozen berries. I actually have them all the time in my freezer just in case.)
- icing sugar for dusting
1. Whisk the cheese, cream, sugar and vanilla in a bowl until it thickens slightly.
2. Divide the mixture among the baskets.
3. Top with the berries and dust with icing sugar.
Serve and indulge! Fast and easy treat for the family or friends.